welcome

lus.cious adjective

1. highly pleasing to the taste or smell


Welcome to Luscious Low Carb! A place where low carb recipes are the only thing on the menu. A place where you'll find incredibly delicious food that's simple to make and legal to eat on your plan.

So come in, take a seat and enjoy your stay!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Spooky pumpkin pancakes!

This morning I tweaked my original low carb pancake recipe 
I had been craving pumpkin pancakes for a while now, I bought some halloween cookie cutters and used them as a mold for these spooky cuties!



To my original recipe I added :

Ingredients:

3 tbsp canned pureed pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling but 100% pumpkin
I upped the sweetener from 2 tbsp to 1/4 cup. (I used liquid for zero carbs, 6 drops)
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice


Directions:

I followed all the same directions with the exception of pouring the batter into a pumpkin mold. This is not necessary of course you could make the pancakes round, but I was in a festive mood!








The pancakes came out really good! They were nice and sweet and had great pumpkin flavor. They didn't even need syrup, although of course you could certainly use some. I think they'd be great with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon!

This recipe still yields 8 medium sized pancakes but the carbs counts are just a little different.

Here they are:

From fatsecret.com

Net carbs for the entire batch: 10.35
Net carbs per pancake 1.29

No comments:

Post a Comment